Saturday, November 13, 2010

Perfume Review by Joanna Smith

THE BEST OF EVERYTHING FOR YOU
SHARING THE BEST PRODUCTS I KNOW OF WITH YOU!!
There is nothing more fun to me than finding out about a new product, having the chance to try it out and experience that "wow" factor the first time you use it. I am constantly in pursuit of products that will blow me away, stand out from the ordinary, so I can share them with my readers. I am passionate about reviewing products that are cutting edge and innovative. If you would like me to be wow'd by one of your products, contact me, I'd love to hear about your products and perhaps review them for you right here on my blog.
Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfume Review
~ Empowerment ~ Passion ~ Peace
Monday, November 8, 2010
Located in the French Quarter, in the heart of Coquitlam, BC, Canada (near Vancouver) is the gracious and talented natural perfumer Lyn Ayre, Ph.D. She creates the most heavenly smelling divine natural perfumes I have had the pleasure of experiencing. The scents are so intoxicating to inhale and pleasing to the mind and senses, that I had to include them in my Holiday Glamour & 2010 Holiday Gift Giving Guide. If you enjoy wearing luxurious, enticing scents and want to continue to use perfume and not bother others with it, then you will want to learn more about Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfumes. These delightful fragrances are a natural product that is good for you. They smell delicious to those in your 'scent circle'. You can learn more about how to create your own perfumes by visiting the Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfumes website and also find out how you can have a wonderful perfume made just for you. I feel so honored to be able to introduce Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfumes to you and the glorious woman behind this splendid company. Not only does Lyn create fascinating natural perfumes, but she also is available for Personal Perfume Consultations and teaches a Course in Natural Perfumery:
MEET THE NATURAL PERFUMER Lyn Elizabeth Ayre
"Years ago, my first Aromatherapy teacher told me that my remedial blends smelled more like perfumes than potions. Creating Perfume formulae is now one of my most rewarding passions. I realized I had before me a way to help people feel better about them selves; a way to spread a little cheer; a way to get people to relax and live a little. This created in me a happiness that I’d not experienced before.

The first few sales were made to women who had begun to have severe reactions to other perfumes. They were delighted to know they didn’t have to give up perfume but could switch to a ‘natural’ rather easily. My first group of customers keeps coming back for more five years later.
I am an Independent Natural Perfumer, not affiliated with any guild or organization. My process is simple: Inspired by an idea, I go to the computer and see if the formula complies with the safety guidelines. I consider the essences and how they go together and react with one another. I get the oils out, and begin blending, sniffing, adjusting, and testing. When I’m happy, I stop & label, then set it aside to mature. This process can take many months to accomplish.I am daily filled with the sense of appreciation and awe at the gifts of Gaia, our Mother Earth. Creating perfumes takes me to places of absolute peace, joy, and light, and I am humbled in the presence of these wonderful substances; it is the epitome of excitement, and, for me, the feeling of accomplishment is second to none."
Lyn explains what Natural Perfumes are:
"Natural Perfumes come of age once more… In the realm of Natural Perfumes, one of our first tasks is to suspend the belief that they have much in common with the Commercial Perfumes of today. It is simply not the case. Commercial Perfumers of the well-known houses work with an enormous amount of ingredients. I read somewhere that the number is upwards of 3,000 items. I work with around 200. They are professionally trained. I am self-trained. They create and launch one or two perfumes each year. I create and launch much more than that.I also feel it is important to add that just because something is natural does not mean it is necessarily good or healthy for us. Conversely, just because something is synthesized from a so-called 'man-made chemical' does not mean it is definitely bad for us either. I urge you to consider this issue with a clear head.
A century ago, Perfumers were using all natural ingredients from nature including essential oils, concretes, attars, absolutes, animal essences, floral waters, tinctures, and so on. Today, with all the sensitivities that we have developed due to the overwhelming of our olfactory organs (because everything is now scented) where our sense of smell resides, many of us are choosing to go back to simpler times.

I am one of those. The perfumes I create are made from some of the above mentioned natural ingredients. The exception is that I do not use animal essences that have been obtained using cruel methods. The animal essences I use (Ambergris for the water element, Hyraceum representing our earth, and Honey Beeswax for element of air) have long since dissociated from the animal in question and been rendered pure through eons of the elements of water, wind, earth, and sun."
MY REVIEW

Lyn has spoiled me silly! She sent me 8 different perfumes to sample, two of which are full size! It took me over a month to experiment with each different fragrance that Lyn sent me because each time I tried a new one I wanted to wear it 24/7 and never stop inhaling the enticing aroma that each one delicately left on my skin. So to get through testing out all 8 different scents was the most enjoyable journey for me, and one that is still ongoing! Each day and time I put on one of Lyn's uplifting natural perfumes, I detect a new fragrance note that I had not noticed before. These perfumes are magical, and delightful, and will keep you drawn to wanting to wear them day after day after day!

I also want to comment on the packaging and presentation of each natural perfume. Lyn makes receiving a product from her memorable and special. The full size products come elegantly stores in gold organza gift bags and the bottles and atomizers are glamorous and couture in terms of the finest quality. You are in for a first class, 5 star treat when you order from Lyn, and they make such unique and memorable gifts to present someone with. Using a tiny bit of the product each time you apply it is all you need to reap the benefits of each enchanting scent so this will be a gift that will keep on giving for a very long time! Perfect for those Holidays Gifts that you are looking for, and believe me the recipient will not be disappointed! The perfumes are safe and natural and truly aromas that will bring joy to anyone who has the pleasure of beholding one of Lyn's rare and magical fragrances.

I was trying to figure out how to go about writing about each individual fragrance, and I decided it was easiest to just use Lyn's words to describe each one. So here is a list of Lyn's best selling natural perfumes:

Breath of Gaia
This perfume is based on the story of the Oracle at Delphi. With top notes of citrus, reminders of the scents of the sea, and the flower and herb covered hills of Greece, this perfume has a grounded base of oud, blonde tobacco, hay, labdanum, spikenard, and oakmoss.
...The journey took her through a grove of citrus trees, then down a path overgrown with herbs and flowers, and finally deep into sticky rock rose thickets heavily laden with labdanum resin, which caught on her white robes. She entered the cave and saw the Questers awaiting her presence. Seated upon a tripod above a deeply etched chasm, which exuded the sugary ethylene vapours, she rested, dropping into a deep meditation as the earth exhaled. The sweet Breath of Gaia swept over her inducing a trance-like state. Then she began to answer…” Floral Citrus 2007
Bridge Notes
When creating a perfume formula, we can use notes that are classified as both base and heart or heart and head. These are called Bridge Notes and they smooth the way from one layer of the perfume to the next. Some are: Jasmine, Rose, Vanilla, Ylang, Clary Sage, and Lavender.
The transition through this Citrus Floral is smooth and delicious. Notes of sweet Rose de mai, sexy Jasmine sambac, lovely green-coloured/green-scented Lavender absolute, creamy Vanilla, flow from one refrain to the next. A full fruity/citrus head accord of Tangerine, Palma Rosa, Bergamot, and others, leads the way. Citrus Floral 2007
Chez Noir
If you love the smell of anise then this is the perfume for you. Rich, deep Anise, Tarragon, and Cardamom lead the way into a full floral heart of Rose, Jasmine, and Ylang, drying down to the warm, sensuous tones of Ambergris, Patchouli, Hay, and Labdanum. Not for the faint of heart. Floral 2008
Euphoric
A lovely lift from Lime and Tangerine create a good opening for this perfume, which was inspired by the hypnotic qualities of the botanicals used in this formula: notes of Ylang, Neroli, Jasmine sambac, Petitgrain bigarade, Clary Sage, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon Leaf. Finally, it comes to rest on creamy Vanilla, Sandalwood, ancient Oud, and steam distilled Oakmoss. Oriental 2008
Evolution
Notes include: Vetiver, Frankincense, Ambergris, Oud, Black Current Bud, Spikenard, Lavender absolute, Litsea, Geranium absolute, Neroli, Orange Blossom absolute, Roman Chamomile, Hyacinth, Clary Sage, Bergamot, GalbanumMore than any other I’ve made, this perfume’s evolution is very distinct. The first hit of crisp freshness created by the Clary Sage/Bergamot/Galbanum chord is soon followed by the full floral body of Orange Blossoms, Chamomile, Lavender, Geranium, Neroli, and Hyacinths ... Not clingy or heavy, it feels like you’re standing in a garden in late Spring or early Summer. It is warm and the soft breeze carries the scent to you. Standing tall, sun on your face, you breathe in, smiling at the wonder of it all. In the background, you can detect the earthy smells of Vetiver, Oud, Ambergris, and Spikenard. Herbal Floral 2010
Hedgerow
The light touch of Ambergris, Ambrette, Mate, and Green Tea holds this Citrus Floral together. Herbal flowers of Lavender, Geranium, and Rosemary create a soft powdery scent that softens the edges of the full citrus head notes: Petitgrain lemon, orange & bigarade, Bergamot, and Key Lime ... Reaching the centre of the Maze, you gather up the leaves and herbal flowers tossing them in the air. As they twirl around, you twirl around, a young girl again. The fountain is bubbling, the sky is blue, and you feel uplifted by the aroma of the many fruit trees in the area. Hedgerow takes you back to simpler and more carefree times. Citrus Floral 2010
Pagoda Peace
Notes include: Vanilla, Frankincense, Ambergris, Tonka, Ambrette, Fruit accord, Jasmine, Neroli, Ylang Ylang, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Palma Rosa, Rosewood ... The Jasmine is blooming all around the temple and, as you walk into this sacred space, you catch a whiff of Frankincense, Rosewood, ripe fruit, and sweet aromas like Vanilla, Tonka, Neroli, and Ylang Ylang. This scent centers you. You breathe deeply and you know you are in a place where you can just be peace. Floral Oriental 2010
Souvenir de la Vie
Life is full of colour, texture, music, and aroma. These are captured in Souvenirs de la Vie through the sweet earthy base notes of Vanilla and Patchouli, the floral heart of Jasmine sambac and Neroli, and the spicy notes of Cinnamon Leaf and Black Pepper. Oriental 2009


FINAL THOUGHTS
It is such an enjoyable experience to browse around Lyn's website. Not only can you shop for natural perfumes directly from her website, but you can also learn so much about Lyn and her world of creating these truly exceptional natural perfumes. It is an online experience you won't soon forget. So please CLICK HERE to visit Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfumes and to be allured into Lyn's amazing world!
A very special thank you to Coeur d'Esprit Natural Perfumes for providing me with Natural Perfumes to use for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment